1. What has been your favorite course of study in or out of school? Why?
I worked in a kitchen for about a year. While I was there I washed a lot of dishes and learned a lot about what it means to make a dollar. It would be a stretch to say that I was actually studying, but I definitely never stopped learning. The two head chefs were amazing role models and I guess you could say I studied their character and tried to be more like them. I won't go in details here, but let's just say it makes me very happy that they both have kids because the world needs more people like them.
2. How many pages was the longest paper you have written? Did it include endnotes and bibliography?
I wrote a 14 page paper one time with all the fixings; endnotes, bibliography.
3. Which was your favorite paper? Please tell us about the topic in a couple of sentences.
My paper that I wrote for this class is my latest favorite. In an attempt to be entirely honest, I ended up writing about something completely personal...until now. It was about the first time I fell in love and how serendipitous of a situation it was.
4. Is there a particular kind of writing you love to do?
I'm still trying to figure that out.
5. Which books have you read lately: art, fiction, non-fiction, sci-fi, poetry, environmental, film? Any comments are welcome.
I have been reading a lot of fiction.
6. Which artist or writer really impresses you? Why?
David Lynch is really crucial filmmaker. He just fucking nails it, it's hard to put words to it. Go watch "Wild at Heart".
7. What is your main interest besides writing, art, music, (i.e., the humanities)?
I like fishing. I usually catch and release, unless I'm hungry.
8. Please describe briefly an article in a newspaper or a magazine that got you thinking lately.
I read an article about Ron English and famous street artist. He shed some light on the recent documentary "Exit Through the Gift Shop". Apparently that guy Thierry was a millionaire in France. When he moved to L.A. he bought a bunch of really crucial property that he commissioned the famed street artists to paint on them. He was sort of this funny guy with all of this awesome wall space that all the artists wanted to meet.
9. Which recent cultural event has really impressed you? This can be a museum, a concert, or anything like that, but also a sports game (if you consider this a cultural event, for which there are good reasons).
I went to the Dali museum in spain a couple years ago. That guy is a real nut.
10. Is there another, non-cultural event that has affected you deeply.
At one point this summer I didn't really have a place to go. My buddies mom kinda took me in and it had a huge effect on me. Without question she would feed me and drive me to work, she would even try to give me money. When she dropped me off at the airport and told me she loved me I couldn't help but cry a little bit.
11. Please share with us a thought or an idea that really widened your intellectual horizon. If possible, give a source for this idea so that those who are interested know where to go.
A friend of mine from Chicago takes a lot of pictures. One of his greatest struggles has been trying to discern when to actually take a photo. Sometimes moments can be too perfect to capture.
No comments:
Post a Comment